- High School Diploma
- 2 years of experience working with children and afterschool programming or related field
- Computer proficiency
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to work with elementary, middle and high school students of diverse ethnic backgrounds. Possess good interpersonal and organizational skills. Possess characteristics of responsibility, desire to help others, discretion and flexibility. Knowledge of basic academic skills application and the ability to demonstrate the successful application of various academic skills. Ability to work independently applying critical thinking skills and problem solving to various situations.
- Plans and facilitates tutoring sessions
- Assists students in the development of appropriate learning and studying skills.
- Maintains consistent communication with Project Director.
- Models appropriate academic attitudes and behaviors to staff, parents and students.
- Maintain academic information for assigned students
- Complete the required DJJ trainings in SkillsPro
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisor: Program Director
Term of Employment: Full-Time, Limited time period (grant funded position)