In 2014, President Obama launched the My Brother’s Keeper (MBK) initiative, a groundbreaking model designed to guide boys and young men of color toward a brighter future. UFCC proudly brings this transformative program to our communities, focusing on crucial milestones for success.
Serving Counties: Bradford, Gadsden, and Levy
Empowering Young Men of Color
Why It Matters
Our boys and young men of color face unique challenges. With your support, we can bridge gaps in academic performance, decrease involvement in the criminal justice system, and enhance community stability.
We’re committed to changing lives by supporting our youth in critical areas:
- Healthy Start & School Readiness: Ensuring every child enters school ready to learn.
- Reading Proficiency by Third Grade: Helping children read at grade level by age 8.
- High School Graduation Preparedness: Equipping youth for college and career success.
- Postsecondary Education & Training: Providing opportunities for higher education and job training.
- Successful Workforce Entry: Aiding in securing sustainable employment.
- Safety & Second Chances: Keeping youth safe and providing opportunities for rehabilitation.
As we embark on this journey, we invite parents, community members, and investors to support our cause. Your involvement can make a world of difference.
For Parents & Teens: Discover how MBK can help shape a brighter future. For Investors: Your contributions are vital in sustaining and growing this initiative.